so many apologies! i’ve been on a bit of a hiatus. the last month has been absolutely crazy. once i thought i was in the clear after the kitty diabetes situation things just kept on rolling……& rolling. to the best of my knowledge, the following are the events that led to my month-long blog haitus:
• Jesse and I “passed” our I-485 interview! He’s officially a Permanent Resident of the US! i’ve got a certified green card carrier, folks!
• went out with my 3 best friends for an amazing minneapolis/st. paul restaurant week dinner at luci ancora. the best part? my bffffff of the passed 10 years is expecting her first baby! i could not be more happy for her and her husband!
• a lightning strike took down the largest tree in our backyard. jesse, jesse’s dad and i chopped it down. yea. thats right. i helped!
• on the same saturday afternoon my grandfather passed away and i ended up going home to wisconsin for a week for the funeral and to take some much needed time to relax.
• i scored a pretty amazing antique steel yard chair at my grandma’s house. my dad and i totally stripped it down, sanded it and refinished it. i cannot wait to share this with you, in a “how-i-did-it” post. it’s pretty great. i am currently working on this post.
• came back to the twin cities to attend a baby shower for my other friend who is due like seriously any minute 🙂
• hosted my first dinner party in our new house. i made THESE and they were amazing!
• i took a hiatus from my hiatus and spent an afternoon at one of my very best friends house in ostego, mn with another very good work friend. there were fresh margarita’s, chips, salsa, a pool, sunshine, relaxation and gelato. oh, and her super cute daughters. seriously the cutest kids ever. best hiatus ever.
• just as i thought i was recovering financially from the palmer issue, my brakes started making horrific noises. new brake pads and rotors! just what i wanted!
• this passed weekend Jesse and I made our first road trip to fargo, nd for a friend’s wedding
• work has been crazy during this whole time making everything even more interesting 🙂
• i decided it’s time to really try to be a positive person and take the best out of even the worst of situations. life is too short to be caught up in all of the negative. that is why instead of complaining on all of the negative things that have happened over the last few weeks i included the positives too – babies, friends, relaxation etc…
don’t even begin to think that i didn’t think about the website while i was all hiatus-ing and stuff. i’ve done a few activities worthy of a blog post, but to be honest i didn’t take many pictures of any of the amazing food i made or sights i’ve seen. not to worry though, i totally plan on re-creating the dinner party meal. homemade old fashioneds, honey-balsamic pulled pork sandwiches and grilled peaches; mmm mmm good!
i’m really hoping the hiatus is over and i can start to bring you even more notquiteahousewife goodness!