A Book Themed Baby Shower
Back in February myself and a few friends threw one of our friends a Book Themed Baby shower. I’m not biased or anything BUT I’m convinced it was the cutest baby shower ever!
In lieu giving a card with their shower gift we suggested the guests give a signed book instead. I had done something similar to this with another friend, and thought it was a super cute idea. To take the theme just a little bit further each girl selected 2-3 books and brought an appetizer to go with each book. Between the 6 or so of us we came up with a lot of super cute stuff!
The Books + the food
• The Rainbow Fish: Goldfish Crackers, Swedish Fish
• Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: BBQ Meatballs
• The Stinky Cheese Man & Other Fairlystupid Tales: Tray of fancy (stinky) cheeses
• The Very Hungry Caterpillar: Assorted fruit and dip
• The New Adventures of Curious George: Cheesy Garlicky Monkey Bread with Marinara Sauce
• Pinkalicious: Pink Lemonade and Champagne Cupcakes
• Hop On Pop: Cheese/Caramel Popcorn
Anyone who knows me knows that I do not possess the patience the craft, however I really wanted to knock shower out of the park. I spent many hours one Sunday creating Book Garland. See the tutorial here. Other decorations included a clothesline full of super cute onesies and some parchment paper/text pinwheels as finishing touches! It wouldn’t be a shower without flowers. I picked up some stemless wine glasses, vase filler and flowers from Trader Joe’s the day of the shower and put it all together.
So far only 3 of my really good friends have had their firstborn. It’s possible I may have to help plan a few more of these things. What are some of your favorite themes? Please share in the comment section and stay tuned for new Not Quite a Housewife content coming soon!